Employment Benefits Assistance
CRIL works collaboratively with the California Department of Rehabilitation and other agencies to provide employment and vocational counseling for our consumers, to help maximize their independence while managing, training for, or resuming a career. This includes providing Work Incentives Counseling under Social Security’s Ticket to Work program.
Through the Employment Benefits Assistance program, CRIL provides accurate and thorough information on employment and benefits. Our Work Incentive Counselors provide many support services and help you understand your employment and benefit options.
“How do I begin a job search?”
- Contact a CRIL office in Fremont, Hayward or Livermore. We will help you understand how working will affect your benefits.
- Attend our Job Club on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM at CRIL’s Livermore branch office: Multi-Service Center, 3311 Pacific Avenue, Livermore, CA.
- Attend our Job Club on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at CRIL's main Hayward office: 439 A Street, Hayward, CA 94541
“What can Employment Counseling do for me?”
- Complete, accurate information of federal and state work incentive programs for which you may be eligible, such as Ticket to Work and Plans to Achieve Self Support.
- Referral information to other benefit and employment entities/services.
- Information on the adequacy of any health benefits coverage that may be offered by an employer and the extent to which other health benefits coverage may be available.
- Availability of protection and advocacy services for beneficiaries and how to access these services.
- Linkage with long-term follow-up and support for beneficiaries and how to access these services.
- Privacy and confidentiality on your situation. We have release of information forms to use as needed to exchange information when necessary with agencies and individuals partnering with you.
- Quality and experienced benefits counseling services.
“What is the Ticket to Work Program?”
- The Ticket to Work program provides beneficiaries with support to prepare for work and to attain self-sufficiency. The Ticket to Work program can help you find and keep employment by providing one-on-one employment services, benefits planning, vocational rehabilitation services and other support services to help you achieve your vocational goal!.
“What is a Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)?”
- PASS is a written plan of action for getting a job or starting a business.
- SSA does not count the money in determining your eligibility for SSI that you set aside to achieve your employment goal.
Employment Opportunities/Job Announcements:
CRIL receives weekly job announcement from local government agencies and businesses. They are posted in CRIL's main Hayward office and are available to review or discuss with any employment benefits counselor.
In addition, we will occasionally post local job openings on this page, including open positions with us… come back for more details!